Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adventures in Stamping Week 2 - Under the Sea


Why did I help choose this theme! This one was tough for me. I have a few plates with under the sea themed stamps, but nothing inspired me. So I decided to do a frolicking dolphin and a take on under the sea. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Blue Sea (seemed appropriate) and layered Sally Hansen HD Laser over it. I used Konad Black for the dolphin and Color Club French Tip and Pure Ice Strapless for the splash.

There is a visible nail line but oh well! It kind of makes it look like the surface of the ocean? I'm trying, I really am. I'm not totally in love with this one. I look at the other ladies in the Adventures in Stamping group and their stamping is awesome! Multi-colors, multi-stamps, awesome free handing, sponging effects. But it takes time and practice to get there. And you get to see it through with me the whole way! Muwahahahahaha! :)

edit: I never mentioned that I used the Born Pretty Hello Kitty plate M71 for the dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment