Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teal Tuesdays - Half Moon!


Today's tealicure is the Half-Moon! Don't you love our new fancy logo! Thank you Missy at Gnarly Gnails! So, I'm not going to lie, but I wasn't too thrilled at this being chosen as the tealicure this week. I've never loved this type of mani before. But I bucked up and decided to give it a whirl!


Not the best mind you, but gosh darn it it's pretty good for a first try! :) I used Essence Romeo from the Nail Art Twins as my base and then applied Essence Bella over top! I used these two colors because they are both wonder one-coat no fail cremes! I love them a ton! And look how super shiny they are too! This is no top coat!

Now, my half-moons aren't super half-moony. But that could be because I didn't really use super circular stickers to create the effect. I know a lot of people use reinforcements (school supplies) but I didn't have any! Would you like to see what I used instead? I was running out of time to do this mani and had to come up with something quick.


Hahahaha! Flower stickers! And gasp! Please excuse the horrible paint job (obviously this is pre-clean up) but I was trying to get the polish to go all the way on each side of the sticker and it kinda got on the sides of my nails/fingers. Hence why there is some teal stainage in the top picture. Teal is horrible for staining!

It's not a perfect half-moon but you know what I am ok with that! And you know what? After having this on for a while, I kinda started to actually like this trend! I may have to try it again! :)


Teal Tuesdays was started because teal is unloved and needed its own day of celebration!
Teal is a medium to dark bluish green color of low saturation; a dark cyan.
Open to interpretation, anything green with a hint of blue or blue with a hint of green is welcome here!
Aqua, Turquoise,Tiffany Blue, etc etc...all are welcome - we do not discriminate!
Click the Teal Tuesdays logo on this post or in my sidebar to be taken to the facebook page!

Some of the other blogs participating are:
Caitlin's Creative Corner
Cherries Sweets
Colorsplash Nails
Gaga for Nails
Fancy Phalanges 
The Frenzied Polisher
Gnarly Gnails
Geeky Owl
The Lacquered Libra
Mandy's Polish
Nails Beautiqued
No Holos!
Persistently Glittery
Simple-and-Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment